Saturday 15 October 2011

Third time lucky.

I don't know why, but I can't seem to maintain a blog.
I crumble under the blogosphere pressure. The apparent need for 'followers' - why would you want to do that? I'm a student, I'm still learning, my opinions aren't really all that valid. Go read the Guardian. Why can't I just write? For myself, like a diary. And if someone reads it, so be it. I hope they find something interesting.
I don't want to feel like I must must must keep up with fashion if I want to write a 'fashion' blog. I will not stare at my screen all day looking at style.com, regurgitating it onto the blog as if someone out there cares. If they did, they'd go to style.com.
I will write what comes to mind, what I find interesting, what is occupying me that day.
I will not post 'looks of the day', vlogs where I rabbit on about myself, because quite frankly, nobody gives a shit. But there may be the odd self indulgent, self obsessed, self deriding post: sometimes you just gotta get it out.
I'll put some of my work up here to, then I can finally have somewhere to direct magazines and newspapers to. I tried a very fancy PDF cuttings portfolio, but they still took no notice. You must have a blog. But why? Everyone has a bloody blog. Surely I stand out amongst the sea just by not having one. Twenty years ago no one had a blog.
Rant over. Let's get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment