Sunday 26 December 2010

Bag Lady

I have an odd relationship with handbags. I love bags; I love buying them, and I keep buying them. But however many I buy, I never have the right size, or colour, or style. With low available funds, I struggle to find an affordable bag that isn't made from a cheap plastic faux leather - which is awful to touch and doesn't wear well. Faux suede is most like the real thing, but excessive wear causes the material layers to peel away.

I own a gorgeous tan leather satchel by Jasper Conran which is loveworn, and even has tiny paint splatters over it from art college days, but is often just too big for everyday.

Therefore I have been keeping my peepers peeled recently for a practically sized, affordable but chic bag. And this is (hopefully) the answer:


(Sorry it's such a small image)

In a grey faux suede, this small satchel from Next hangs elegantly from the crook of my arm or bumps lightly against my hip if I wear it on its longer across-the-body strap.

But. I won't be wearing it at all until tomorrow, when I have a second Christmas with my Dad's family, as it is a gift from my Grandparents...!

Although the Next bag is quite Mulberry-esque on reflection, I took a liking to it originally because of its similarity to the Proenza Schouler satchels - a bag I adore.
Proenza Schouler, PS1 Medium leather satchel, £1,255

This Proenza Schouler bag is on my Net-A-Porter wishlist, along with a few other beauties...
Marni, Small Leather Satchel, £870Marc by Marc Jacobs, Natasha Leather Bag, £290

Yves Saint Laurent, Muse Oversized Leather Tote, £1225

Oh YSL, label of my dreams.

Much Love, Tasha X

No comments:

Post a Comment