Friday 14 January 2011

God Gave Us Dreams

It struck me a few days ago, whilst lying in bed, that I was 20 years old and I had yet to achieve anything truly spectacular. Others, predominently my mother, may argue against this, but I feel I haven't quite pushed myself to the limit. Around me 14 year old girls are models, 18 year olds are international pop stars, other 20 year olds are self made millionaires...

And thus it occured to me that I must go. Away. I must do something great, in my mind, to forge my path. Something totally apart from the countryside idyll I was born into. London is not enough, not yet.
New York is the plan. I will explore all avenues for placement there in my second year. And then...

Perhaps a case of too much Sex and the City and Gossip Girl, but in my heart New York seems to be IT.

Everyone needs dreams, mine are just bigger than others.


"God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow into them" - Carine Roitfield

No comments:

Post a Comment